Two new prints

A few weeks ago I completed a silk screening class at San Francisco Art Institute with artist Jonathan Palmer.  I was inspired by some of his prints where he combined silk screening and relief printing and decided to create my own series using these techniques.  I posted about it here.

I created three related prints with a background nest-like structure, plus bird elements, such as feathers, wings, and birds. Then I printed linocut body parts over this.  The project is still in progress, but I’ve completed all the prints and machine quilting for two of the pieces. I did some experimenting with the stitching and found that adding some thin batting added depth and texture.  Without that, the stitching didn’t seem to add much.  After completing the quilting, I mounted the pieces onto 18″ x 24″ stretcher bars.

Read_StructureStructure
18″ x 24″

 

Read_-Cor-ValuesCor Values
18″ x 24″

SkullsSkull Prints
Need to dry about 6 weeks.

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Two new prints

  1. These are great. The style of your prints really complement the fabric. A lady at the workshop i attend did some nice linocuts on fabric, seeing these make me really want to try it! Also, some other lady printed rolled up tights (stockings), she was getting some very interesting patterns from them. Crazy!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s